Way to go UMW!

March 31st, 2010

Email system fail! 48 messages and counting. Thanks Jack Daniels and Anna Pietras, you started it all. (Is Jack Daniels even a real name?)

5 Responses to “Way to go UMW!”

1. Rachel Hirst on April 1, 2010 7:47 am

UGHH! That was incredibly obnoxious last night. I checked my mail and had over fifty messages. First of all, who were the idiots who started the whole thing? Was it on purpose? Also, you know what I found most annoying? People were responding with messages saying how annoying it was and how everyone should stop responding. They were just perpetuating the problem and contributing to my clogged inbox. It reminded me of when I was little and a classroom or auditorium or something would be noisy so someone would go “shh” but then someone would “shh” them and the “shhs” got louder and louder and the problem was never solved.

Clearly last night irritated me, haha. I’m glad someone blogged about it.

2. Chris ANna on April 1, 2010 12:14 pm

I lol’d about this last night honestly, I thought it was pretty much epic and I hope more of them go around. It doesn’t take but a max of 15 seconds to clear them all out of your inbox, and reading everyones messages “STOP EMAILING ME” just made me lol more. I should hop on the team that sent this out, seems like a fun time!

As you can tell… the school email addy’s that are designed to send out to the entire university can be easily exploited.

Chris ANna
    Computer Science UMW

3. victoria on April 1, 2010 12:28 pm

Haha, I was jokingly annoyed with it, but mostly found it hilarious. I check my school email like, once a week and just happened to check it at the very beginning of the debacle. So funny to watch play out!

This was a microcosmic example of what gets turned into internet legend. Too bad it wasn’t on a broad enough scale to constitute a wiki and digg post!

4. Dolly Suarez on April 1, 2010 8:21 pm

I thought it was funny too. Looks like some people’s personal information was put out there. Watch what you decide to write on your computer, you never know what can happen!

5. Emily Roberts on April 1, 2010 9:19 pm

I thought it was absolutely ridiculous. Especially the “STOP EMAILING ME!!!!” emails that just made it worse.